Inspired by all the ideas on Pinterest, this scarf/necklace uses T-shirt strips.
All of the T-shirt ideas relate to the fact that these lightweight knits curl into very drapey tubes when cut horizontally.
- For this necklace, I cut 3/4″ strips from the bottom part of a men’s T-shirt. I found it to be super fast using a cutting mat and rotary cutter. This particular design uses 12 long strips 36″ in length and 12 of 18″ length.
- The short ones were bunched together and held with a big paper clip and then braided in three groups of four. Each end was then wrapped with thread and secured to prevent unwinding.
- The long ones were also held together with a clip at one end. I let them hang down straight, and chose a few strands to shorten a bit. Clip the other end and trim stray ends straight across. Secure both ends as before.
- Butt the ends together and overcast stitch to connect.
- Cut small strips of remaining T-shirt fabric. Fold under sides and wrap connected areas. Hand stitch to finish.