Use these silly pockets for gift cards, cash, or even a tooth for the tooth fairy!
These started out as tooth fairy pillows. My grandson will be needing one before too long, and I knew I didn’t want a frilly one for this tough guy. In scanning Pinterest for ideas, I ran across all sorts of silly monster faces, some on baby bibs, some on kids’ clothing. Everyone needs a little silliness so here’s mine!
As I was making them, the more I thought adults would like them, too. I thought of those gift card holders they sell alongside the cards on the rack, and how lame they are. Wouldn’t you rather get a gift card in something that makes you smile? I smiled the entire time I worked on these!
- Cut one piece of appropriate fabric, 6.5″ X 12.5″, and another 6.5″ X 5″.
- Iron the smaller piece in half (6.5″ X 2.5″). Place five little triangles of stiff fabric on the folded edge and sew in place.
- Place the “toothed” pocket on one end of the larger piece and zig zag edge to keep in place.
- Cut felt pieces for eye “whites” and glue on where you like them. Sew two small shirt buttons in the middle of the felt.
- Fold large piece in half (6.5″ X 6.5″), right sides together. Sew around edges, leaving opening for turning right side out.
- Trim corners. Turn. Stuff with 6″ X 6″ piece of thick quilt batting.
- Slip stitch opening to close.